Construction of Irelands first Passivhaus standard school, comprising a new 4 classroom primary school, with an Air Tightness result of 0.54(M3/hr)/M3@50pa.
It incorporates many special features, required to bring it to Passiv standard, including:
- 200mm phenolic insulation to floors and 120mm in polyiso insulation to roof.
- Triple glazed alu clad windows with a U-Value <0.80 W / m2 K.
- External insulated render system with 200 phenolic insulation.
- Wood Chip Boiler, heat recovery ventilation and integrated BMS Systems.
- Photovaltaic solar panels.